World's fastest plastic demonstrated by organic semiconductor company
Feb 12, 2016 United Kingdom
SmartKem has reported it has set a new world record in digital circuit performance with its solution processed organic semiconductor, try-flex®.
Thinfilm receives order from global FMCG leader for NFC SpeedTap tags
Feb 12, 2016 Norway
Thin Film Electronics ASA has announced that it received a 5-figure unit order for NFC SpeedTap tags from a leading global FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) brand.
IDTechEx Show! Wrap Up: Insights from an IDTechEx Analyst
Feb 11, 2016
Video interview with IDTechEx analyst Franco Gonzalez.
More players getting into touch with emerging haptics
Feb 11, 2016 Worldwide
As CES passed for another year we saw another wave of announcements and demonstrations without the topic reaching the limelight it will soon command.
Optimising digital flexible printed circuit board manufacturing
Feb 11, 2016 Israel
Orbotech Ltd has announced that, Nippon Mektron Mektec, maker of flexible printed circuit boards, is deploying Orbotech direct imaging (DI) and automated optical inspection systems in multiple factories.
Consolidation in transparent conductive film industry taking its toll
Feb 10, 2016 Worldwide
Last year IDTechEx Research asserted that the transparent conductive film industry had entered a period of intense consolidation. We have been proved right as the consolidation period is beginning to take its first round of high profile victims.
Printed Electronics at the IDTechEx Show! Products? Realized!
Feb 10, 2016 Worldwide
The last couple of years has seen the market for printed and flexible electronics become a vibrant segment, with new products announced that are making the advent of printed electronics a reality.
Seeding better efficiencies in monocrystalline silicon solar cells
Feb 10, 2016 Japan
A new 'single-seed cast method' for producing high quality monocrystalline solar cells has tremendous potential for the manufacture of low cost, high efficiency silicon solar cells.
Iron stepping stones to better wearable tech without semiconductors
Feb 10, 2016 United States
The road to more versatile wearable technology is dotted with iron. Specifically, quantum dots of iron arranged on boron nitride nanotubes.
IDTechEx Interview with Xenon Corporation
Feb 9, 2016
A video interview with Xenon Corporation, taken at the Printed Electronics USA exhibition.
New organic photovoltaic world record efficiency of 13.2 percent
Feb 9, 2016 Germany
Heliatek R&D teams reached a record conversion efficiency of 13.2% for an OPV multi-junction cell, setting a new world record for the direct conversion of sunlight into electricity using organic photovoltaic cells.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Markets for Thin, Flexible, Printed and Micro-Batteries: PART 2
Feb 8, 2016 Worldwide
In the second of a five part series of articles on thin, flexible, printed and micro-batteries, IDTechEx analyst Xiaoxi He focuses on the applications of these batteries within the wearable technology sector.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Event report: Innovations in Large Area Electronics
Feb 8, 2016
IDTechEx attended the second innoLAE conference, which took place on the 1st and 2nd of February 2016 in Cambridge (UK). It was organised by the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics.
- Thin Film Electronics Interviewed by IDTechExVideo Interview with Thin Film Electronics at Printed Electronics USA 2015.
- 2D Islands in graphene hold promise for future device fabricationIn what could prove to be a significant advance in the fabrication of graphene-based nanodevices, a team of Berkeley Lab researchers has discovered a new mechanism for assembling two-dimensional (2D)…
- Robotics to help blind and visually impaired to recognize objectsA hand-worn robotic device is being developed that will help millions of blind and visually impaired people navigate past movable obstacles or assist in their ability to pre-locate, pre-sense and…
- Intrinsiq Materials: Electrically Conductive Inks and PastesVideo interview with Intrinsiq Materials at the Printed Electronics USA event
- Press ReleaseCollaboration on latest developments in printed electronics technologyRecently, Optomec hosted the ninth annual International Aerosol Jet User Group Meeting on Printed Electronics at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California.
- World's fastest plastic demonstrated by organic semiconductor companySmartKem has reported it has set a new world record in digital circuit performance with its solution processed organic semiconductor, try-flex®.
- Press ReleaseThinfilm receives order from global FMCG leader for NFC SpeedTap tagsThin Film Electronics ASA has announced that it received a 5-figure unit order for NFC SpeedTap tags from a leading global FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) brand.
- IDTechEx Show! Wrap Up: Insights from an IDTechEx AnalystVideo interview with IDTechEx analyst Franco Gonzalez.
- More players getting into touch with emerging hapticsAs CES passed for another year we saw another wave of announcements and demonstrations without the topic reaching the limelight it will soon command.
- Press ReleaseOptimising digital flexible printed circuit board manufacturingOrbotech Ltd has announced that, Nippon Mektron Mektec, maker of flexible printed circuit boards, is deploying Orbotech direct imaging (DI) and automated optical inspection systems in multiple…
- Thin films and nanotechnology for powerGlobal warming continues to be a growing concern for scientists worldwide.
- Peptide-based nanotechnology applied to smartphones and tabletsThis is very nice article .Thanks for posting . http://www.nanoorbit.com/nanotechnology-companies/
- Cost is the main differentiator between graphene and other nanocarbonsNice article , I appreciate great work done by Angstron materials in last so many years.Hats off to them, they have served nanotech sector sowell. Regarding Graphene Pricing, I would like to say that…
- Chemist aims to put his nanohoops into future devicesImpressed