Graphene band gap heralds new electronics
Oct 7, 2015 United States
Regular graphene has no band gap - its unusually rippled valence and conduction bands actually meet in places, making it more like a metal. Nonetheless, scientists have tried to tease them apart.
NovaCentrix: Exhibitor Perspective on Printed Electronics Europe Event
Oct 7, 2015
Video interview with NovaCentrix at Printed Electronics Europe.
OLED materials scale-up facility for next generation TVs
Oct 6, 2015 United States
DuPont Displays has announced the opening of a state-of-the-art, scale-up manufacturing facility designed to deliver production scale quantities of advanced materials that enable large-format, solution-based printed OLED displays.
Boosting efficiency of CIGS solar cells
Oct 5, 2015 Japan
CIGS solar cells are compound thin-film solar cells and the most established alternative to silicon solar cells. Solar conversion efficiencies of over 20% have recently been achieved in CIGS solar cells.
SilverCon Nano Silver Power and Pastes at Printed Electronics Europe
Oct 3, 2015
Video interview with Helioenergia at Printed Electronics Europe.
Graphite has unique properties
Oct 2, 2015 Israel
Following materials testing researchers have identified unique properties in Zenyatta Ventures Ltd Albany Graphite deposit that show positive attributes for use in multiple graphene applications.
Single layer perovskite sheet rises to the fore
Oct 1, 2015 United States
To the growing list of two-dimensional semiconductors, such as graphene, boron nitride, and molybdenum disulfide, whose unique electronic properties make them potential successors to silicon in future devices, you can now add hybrid organic-inorganic perovskites.
Nanowire quantum dot solar cells: oxide layer boosts performance
Sep 30, 2015 Japan, Spain, Saudi Arabia
Attempts to improve solar cells can seem a balancing act, as optimising one variable can compromise another. The introduction of nanowires to colloidal quantum-dot solar cells aroused interest as a means of improving a limitation in the charge-collection layer thickness.
Printed Electronics Interface with Contactless 3D Gesture Recognition
Sep 30, 2015
Video interview with ISORG at Printed Electronics Europe.
Printing Electronics onto 3D Surfaces
Sep 30, 2015
Video interview with Neotech AMT at 3D Printing Europe.
Canada's printable electronics industry is gaining steam
Sep 29, 2015 Canada
The Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association is working to achieve market-driven collaboration among their membership for Canada to compete on the global stage.
Highly flexible and wearable tactile sensor
Sep 29, 2015 Singapore
A team of scientists has developed a wearable liquid-based microfluidic tactile sensor that is small, thin, highly flexible and durable.
Flexible sensors come to market thanks to tens of millions investment
Sep 28, 2015 Worldwide
Large investments have been made to enable flexible, thin sensors rather than rigid sensors.
- In this article, written by Bernard Kabyemela of Uniglobe Kisco Inc, Bernard reports on an ultrasensitive and stable instrument for water vapor transmission rate evaluation. Water vapor permeated…Instrument for water vapor transmission rate evaluation
- Overheating is the most critical issue in the computer industry. IDTechEx Research has assessed the needs, progress and opportunities to combat this in the report "Thermal Interface Materials…Thermal interface materials: Technologies and markets
- The Obama administration will award a Manufacturing Innovation Institute for Flexible Hybrid Electronics to a consortium of 162 companies, universities, and non-profits led by the FlexTech Alliance.$75 million DoD funding for flexible hybrid electronics hub
- Press ReleaseMI Europe - leading conference & course provider - announces a new event - MARKET REPORTS LIVE to take place in Amsterdam, 1- 2 December 2015.MARKET REPORTS LIVE covering key digital printing applications
- Cima NanoTech announced that it has entered into a joint venture with Foxconn to deliver the industry's first cost-competitive, projected capacitive (pro-cap) solution for large format touch screens.Foxconn and Cima Nanotech Form Large Touschscreen Joint Venture
- Regular graphene has no band gap - its unusually rippled valence and conduction bands actually meet in places, making it more like a metal. Nonetheless, scientists have tried to tease them apart.Graphene band gap heralds new electronics
- Video interview with NovaCentrix at Printed Electronics Europe.NovaCentrix: Exhibitor Perspective on Printed Electronics Europe Event
- DuPont Displays has announced the opening of a state-of-the-art, scale-up manufacturing facility designed to deliver production scale quantities of advanced materials that enable large-format,…OLED materials scale-up facility for next generation TVs
- CIGS solar cells are compound thin-film solar cells and the most established alternative to silicon solar cells. Solar conversion efficiencies of over 20% have recently been achieved in CIGS solar…Boosting efficiency of CIGS solar cells
- Video interview with Helioenergia at Printed Electronics Europe.SilverCon Nano Silver Power and Pastes at Printed Electronics Europe
- Hi, Can you explain to me how you prevent someone to copy the information stored on the chip and put it on another chip and create a genuine fake closed bottle? Thx, JognTeam to bring NFC to fight against global counterfeiting and piracy
- I lead the 3D printing research at IDTechEx. It is possible to 3D print with nanoparticle inks (or conformal print on a surface), but I agree with Sandra that it is unclear what the advantage would…Ultrathin lithium rechargeable battery
- Why would you want to use 3D printing? Conventional printing technologies and layers of very thin membranes and conductive films are already in use in making energy storage devices. Conventional…Ultrathin lithium rechargeable battery
- Silicon cells are less expensive than 0.5$/wp. ..you can find complete module at 0.40$/wp. ..Semitransparent perovskite solar cells with graphene electrodes