Physicists map the strain in a wonder material
Oct 8, 2015 United States
An international group of scientists is reporting a breakthrough in the effort to characterize the properties of graphene noninvasively while acquiring information about its response to structural strain.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Powering lightweight devices and wearable electronics
Oct 8, 2015 Worldwide
IDTechEx report from a FlexTech Alliance workshop on novel & innovative power sources for lightweight devices and wearable electronics
Eight19 Developing Plastic Photovoltaics for Off-Grid Portable Power
Oct 8, 2015
Video interview with Eight19 at Printed Electronics Europe.
Webinar Thursday 22 October: Smart eyewear markets and forecasts
Oct 8, 2015 Worldwide
IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Thursday 22 October 2015, Smart eyewear, near and on-eye wearable computing: Markets and forecasts 2015-2025
OSRAM, Qualcomm, Coca-Cola, UTRC Feature at Printed Electronics USA
Oct 7, 2015
IDTechEx launches the Printed Electronics USA conference agenda with over 200 speakers
Graphene band gap heralds new electronics
Oct 7, 2015 United States
Regular graphene has no band gap - its unusually rippled valence and conduction bands actually meet in places, making it more like a metal. Nonetheless, scientists have tried to tease them apart.
NovaCentrix: Exhibitor Perspective on Printed Electronics Europe Event
Oct 7, 2015
Video interview with NovaCentrix at Printed Electronics Europe.
OLED materials scale-up facility for next generation TVs
Oct 6, 2015 United States
DuPont Displays has announced the opening of a state-of-the-art, scale-up manufacturing facility designed to deliver production scale quantities of advanced materials that enable large-format, solution-based printed OLED displays.
Boosting efficiency of CIGS solar cells
Oct 5, 2015 Japan
CIGS solar cells are compound thin-film solar cells and the most established alternative to silicon solar cells. Solar conversion efficiencies of over 20% have recently been achieved in CIGS solar cells.
SilverCon Nano Silver Power and Pastes at Printed Electronics Europe
Oct 3, 2015
Video interview with Helioenergia at Printed Electronics Europe.
Graphite has unique properties
Oct 2, 2015 Israel
Following materials testing researchers have identified unique properties in Zenyatta Ventures Ltd Albany Graphite deposit that show positive attributes for use in multiple graphene applications.
Single layer perovskite sheet rises to the fore
Oct 1, 2015 United States
To the growing list of two-dimensional semiconductors, such as graphene, boron nitride, and molybdenum disulfide, whose unique electronic properties make them potential successors to silicon in future devices, you can now add hybrid organic-inorganic perovskites.
Nanowire quantum dot solar cells: oxide layer boosts performance
Sep 30, 2015 Japan, Spain, Saudi Arabia
Attempts to improve solar cells can seem a balancing act, as optimising one variable can compromise another. The introduction of nanowires to colloidal quantum-dot solar cells aroused interest as a means of improving a limitation in the charge-collection layer thickness.
- In this article, written by Bernard Kabyemela of Uniglobe Kisco Inc, Bernard reports on an ultrasensitive and stable instrument for water vapor transmission rate evaluation. Water vapor permeated…Instrument for water vapor transmission rate evaluation
- Overheating is the most critical issue in the computer industry. IDTechEx Research has assessed the needs, progress and opportunities to combat this in the report "Thermal Interface Materials…Thermal interface materials: Technologies and markets
- The Obama administration will award a Manufacturing Innovation Institute for Flexible Hybrid Electronics to a consortium of 162 companies, universities, and non-profits led by the FlexTech Alliance.$75 million DoD funding for flexible hybrid electronics hub
- Press ReleaseMI Europe - leading conference & course provider - announces a new event - MARKET REPORTS LIVE to take place in Amsterdam, 1- 2 December 2015.MARKET REPORTS LIVE covering key digital printing applications
- Video interview with NovaCentrix at Printed Electronics Europe.NovaCentrix: Exhibitor Perspective on Printed Electronics Europe Event
- IDTechEx Research SubscribersIDTechEx report from a FlexTech Alliance workshop on novel & innovative power sources for lightweight devices and wearable electronicsPowering lightweight devices and wearable electronics
- An international group of scientists is reporting a breakthrough in the effort to characterize the properties of graphene noninvasively while acquiring information about its response to structural…Physicists map the strain in a wonder material
- Video interview with Eight19 at Printed Electronics Europe.Eight19 Developing Plastic Photovoltaics for Off-Grid Portable Power
- IDTechEx are hosting a free webinar on Thursday 22 October 2015, Smart eyewear, near and on-eye wearable computing: Markets and forecasts 2015-2025Webinar Thursday 22 October: Smart eyewear markets and forecasts
- IDTechEx launches the Printed Electronics USA conference agenda with over 200 speakersOSRAM, Qualcomm, Coca-Cola, UTRC Feature at Printed Electronics USA
- Hi, Can you explain to me how you prevent someone to copy the information stored on the chip and put it on another chip and create a genuine fake closed bottle? Thx, JognTeam to bring NFC to fight against global counterfeiting and piracy
- I lead the 3D printing research at IDTechEx. It is possible to 3D print with nanoparticle inks (or conformal print on a surface), but I agree with Sandra that it is unclear what the advantage would…Ultrathin lithium rechargeable battery
- Why would you want to use 3D printing? Conventional printing technologies and layers of very thin membranes and conductive films are already in use in making energy storage devices. Conventional…Ultrathin lithium rechargeable battery
- Silicon cells are less expensive than 0.5$/wp. ..you can find complete module at 0.40$/wp. ..Semitransparent perovskite solar cells with graphene electrodes