Logic & MemoryPowerSensors, Sound & ActuatorsDisplays & LightingManufacturingMaterialsEquipment Manufacturers & Suppliers
Optimising digital flexible printed circuit board manufacturing
Feb 11, 2016 Israel
Orbotech Ltd has announced that, Nippon Mektron Mektec, maker of flexible printed circuit boards, is deploying Orbotech direct imaging (DI) and automated optical inspection systems in multiple factories.
Consolidation in transparent conductive film industry taking its toll
Feb 10, 2016 Worldwide
Last year IDTechEx Research asserted that the transparent conductive film industry had entered a period of intense consolidation. We have been proved right as the consolidation period is beginning to take its first round of high profile victims.
New organic photovoltaic world record efficiency of 13.2 percent
Feb 9, 2016 Germany
Heliatek R&D teams reached a record conversion efficiency of 13.2% for an OPV multi-junction cell, setting a new world record for the direct conversion of sunlight into electricity using organic photovoltaic cells.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Display and optics architecture in AR and VR smartglasses applications
Feb 8, 2016
This article looks into some of the differences in requirements in AR and VR head mounted displays.
Dip coating to solve perovskite moisture sensitivity
Feb 5, 2016 China, Australia
Scientists from China and Australia have designed a water-resistant perovskite solar cell that can operate in a humid environment and maintain its efficiency over three weeks.
Novel optical materials for emerging displays
Feb 4, 2016 Finland, Japan
A development and manufacturing collaboration of OLED and on-cell touch sensor materials.
New kind of polymer could lead to artificial muscles
Feb 3, 2016 United States
A completely new hybrid polymer has been developed by researchers that might one day be used in artificial muscles or other life-like materials; for delivery of drugs, biomolecules or other chemicals; in materials with self-repair capability; and for replaceable energy sources.
New chip fabrication approach
Feb 2, 2016 United States
Researchers report the first chip-fabrication technique that enables significantly different materials to be deposited in the same layer.
New process enables easier isolation of carbon nanotubes
Jan 29, 2016 Japan
Manufacture of longer, thinner, and uncontaminated carbon nanotubes, and successfully isolating them, have been ongoing challenges for researchers.
The new Ultra HD standard and why it matters for quantum dot suppliers
Jan 28, 2016 Worldwide
The UHD Alliance has launched a new standard for TV. Our analyst explains why it will help new display technologies based on quantum dots.
- Thin Film Electronics Interviewed by IDTechExVideo Interview with Thin Film Electronics at Printed Electronics USA 2015.
- 2D Islands in graphene hold promise for future device fabricationIn what could prove to be a significant advance in the fabrication of graphene-based nanodevices, a team of Berkeley Lab researchers has discovered a new mechanism for assembling two-dimensional (2D)…
- Robotics to help blind and visually impaired to recognize objectsA hand-worn robotic device is being developed that will help millions of blind and visually impaired people navigate past movable obstacles or assist in their ability to pre-locate, pre-sense and…
- Intrinsiq Materials: Electrically Conductive Inks and PastesVideo interview with Intrinsiq Materials at the Printed Electronics USA event
- Sumitomo Chemical to expand touchscreen panel production capacitySumitomo Chemical has decided to increase the production capacity of touchscreen panels for organic LED (OLED) display panels.
- World's fastest plastic demonstrated by organic semiconductor companySmartKem has reported it has set a new world record in digital circuit performance with its solution processed organic semiconductor, try-flex®.
- Press ReleaseThinfilm receives order from global FMCG leader for NFC SpeedTap tagsThin Film Electronics ASA has announced that it received a 5-figure unit order for NFC SpeedTap tags from a leading global FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) brand.
- IDTechEx Show! Wrap Up: Insights from an IDTechEx AnalystVideo interview with IDTechEx analyst Franco Gonzalez.
- More players getting into touch with emerging hapticsAs CES passed for another year we saw another wave of announcements and demonstrations without the topic reaching the limelight it will soon command.
- Press ReleaseOptimising digital flexible printed circuit board manufacturingOrbotech Ltd has announced that, Nippon Mektron Mektec, maker of flexible printed circuit boards, is deploying Orbotech direct imaging (DI) and automated optical inspection systems in multiple…
- Thin films and nanotechnology for powerGlobal warming continues to be a growing concern for scientists worldwide.
- Peptide-based nanotechnology applied to smartphones and tabletsThis is very nice article .Thanks for posting . http://www.nanoorbit.com/nanotechnology-companies/
- Cost is the main differentiator between graphene and other nanocarbonsNice article , I appreciate great work done by Angstron materials in last so many years.Hats off to them, they have served nanotech sector sowell. Regarding Graphene Pricing, I would like to say that…
- Chemist aims to put his nanohoops into future devicesImpressed