Logic & MemoryPowerSensors, Sound & ActuatorsDisplays & LightingManufacturingMaterialsEquipment Manufacturers & Suppliers
LG to lead premium TV market with dual premium strategy
Feb 26, 2015 Korea
LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its 2015 global TV lineup in Seoul, announcing at the same time its DUAL PREMIUM strategy to focus on the premium TV market with its new TV lineup.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Piezoresistive Sensors - Part 2 of 3
Feb 24, 2015 Worldwide
The second installment of this piezoresistive sensor series covers applications and markets. The third and final article will discuss the emerging technologies in this area.
Semiconductor works better when hitched to graphene
Feb 24, 2015 United States
Graphene shows great promise for future electronics, advanced solar cells, protective coatings and other uses, and combining it with other materials could extend its range even further.
TactoTek structural electronics out of stealth mode
Feb 20, 2015 Finland
Exciting start-up TactoTek spun out of VTT in Finland has just come out of stealth mode.
Silver nanowires demonstrate unexpected self-healing mechanism
Feb 20, 2015 United States
With its high electrical conductivity and optical transparency, indium tin oxide is one of the most widely used materials for touchscreens, plasma displays, and flexible electronics. But its rapidly escalating price has forced the electronics industry to search for other alternatives.
SmartKem collaborates with Centre for Process Innovation
Feb 20, 2015 United Kingdom
SmartKem has announced an extensive collaboration programme with the Centre for Process Innovation for the development of pre-production prototypes featuring the SmartKem range of semiconductor inks for the manufacture of ultra flexible thin-film transistors.
Optomec reports 2014 results
Feb 19, 2015 United States
Optomec has announced strong sales gains for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014.
Prime time for printed sensors
Feb 18, 2015 Worldwide
The printed electronics industry shows a huge interest in sensors as it seeks to forget the failures from the past.
IDTechEx Research Subscribers
Piezoresistive Sensors - Part 1 of 3
Feb 16, 2015 Worldwide
In the first of this three part series on piezoresistive sensors we look at the construction, manufacture and types of pressure and force sensors and the key players in these fields. In subsequent articles, we will investigate the applications and then emerging technologies in this space.
FlexEnable and Merck take major step forward in plastic LCD technology
Feb 13, 2015 United Kingdom
FlexEnable is partnering with Merck. As part of this joint project, the two companies have reached an important next stage in plastic LCD technology.
- A $4 million grant has been announced from the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative to UMass Lowell to support development of a printed and flexible electronics industry cluster, an emerging field…$4m grant to fuel printed electronics cluster
- Producer and distributor of CVD graphene is interviewed by IDTechEx.Graphene Laboratories interview at Graphene LIVE! by IDTechEx
- Nanoengineers have tested a temporary tattoo that both extracts and measures the level of glucose in the fluid in between skin cells. This first-ever example of the flexible, easy-to-wear device…Temporary tattoo offers needle-free way to monitor glucose levels
- PST Sensors (pty) Ltd is a spin-out of the University of Cape Town NanoSciences Innovation Centre. This interview with IDTechEx was taken at the IDTechEx event Printed Electronics USA.Printed Flexible Temperature Sensors: PST Sensors interview
- The event is not about meeting peers and people you already know. It is about meeting potential customers and partners that will drive revenue for your business in addition to hearing the very latest…Drive Your Sales by Exhibiting at Printed Electronics Europe
- Press ReleaseCambridge (UK), 27 February 2015 - FlexEnable, the leader in the development and industrialisation of flexible organic electronics, will showcase its flexible electronics technology platform for…FlexEnable to showcase flexible electronics technology platform at MWC
- Researchers have developed a manufacturing method of aluminum optical nanosensors on versatile substrates that can be used for wearable devices and smart labels.Flexible nanosensors for wearable devices
- LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its 2015 global TV lineup in Seoul, announcing at the same time its DUAL PREMIUM strategy to focus on the premium TV market with its new TV lineup.LG to lead premium TV market with dual premium strategy
- The connected "smart bottle" aims to enhance the consumer experience by using printed sensor tags featuring Thinfilm's OpenSenseTM technology, which can detect both the sealed and opened state of…Diageo and Thinfilm unveil the connected 'Smart Bottle'
- At the IDTechEx Printed Electronics Europe event, some of the key end-users presenting include United Technologies Research, Jaguar Land Rover, JC Decaux, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Crown Packaging and many…The biggest end-users discuss their PE needs: Berlin, April 28-29
- This article is great!New electronic skin for prosthetics, robotics
- Actually you will find that Johnson Matthey have all but exited this market. They have withdrawn what little carbon inks and UV curable dielectric they did offer - and now only sell three very…New polymer thick film materials for printable circuits
- Hello there Where can i buy one of these kits Kind regards PeteMDC - development kit to instantly print electrical circuits
- I feel the need to break an often copied and shared bit of information as to the 3D printers needing to be acknowledged that they are not new. Be aware that when the technology was invented and…Webinar 14 August: The future of 3D printing