Innovations in Large-Area Electronics Conference (innoLAE 2017) has established itself as a key event for the large-area electronics community by bringing industry and academia together and providing valuable opportunities to share the latest research results and discuss new projects and collaborations. The conference programme highlights the most innovative and exciting aspects of large-area electronics (including printable, flexible or organic electronics) emerging technologies, their manufacture and the development of products incorporating LAE. Through innoLAE, we provide a platform to help bring innovation into the market and accelerate take up of new technologies.
Over 200 delegates from 88 different organizations in 11 countries attended innoLAE 2016, and the balanced participation from industry and academia makes the conference distinctive as does the breadth of coverage from emerging technologies to manufacturing developments. Feedback from 2016 delegates included:
- "Excellent networking opportunities and a good blend of industry, RTOs and academia."
- "Excellent conference- it has established a significant position in the UK Large-Area Electronics sector."
- "Really good balance between technical detail and "big picture" applications discussion."
innoLAE 2017 takes place from 31 January - 1 February 2017 at the Wellcome Genome Campus in Cambridge, UK and is organised by the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics. The event features a dual track 2 -day speaker programme with an exhibition and poster session and includes a thematic workshop on e-fibres and e-textiles, co-organised with the 1D-NEON (1D-Nanofibre Electro-Optic Networks) Horizon 2020 project.
Conference sessions will cover the following themes:
- Flexible hybrid electronics
- Emerging materials and devices for large-area electronics
- Energy harvesting and storage for large-area electronics
- Bio-electronics for applications in healthcare
- Internet of Things and large-area electronic sensor technologies
- Novel manufacturing paradigms for large-area electronics
- Smart wearables and stretchable/ultra-flexible electronics
Leading researchers from all over the world are speaking and attending innoLAE 2017, presenting the view from both SMEs and large global companies, leading manufacturers and end-users, research and technology organizations and academia. innoLAE 2017 keynote talks will be delivered by:
- Dr Gregory Whiting from Google X on printed, flexible and transient electronics and
- Professor Zhong Lin Wan from Georgia Tech on flexible electronics for human-machine interfacing.
Other confirmed talks include speakers from GlaxoSmithKline, ARM, Drayson Technologies, PragmatIC, Merck, Cambridge Display Technology, CPI, FlexEnable, Promethean Particles, Oxford Lasers, Eight19, CYNORA, Holst Centre, Optomec, NovaCentrix, National Physical Laboratory, Max Planck Institute, Brazilian Nanotechnology National Laboratory, Bangor University, Imperial College London, University of Manchester, Swansea University, University of Cambridge, University of Glasgow, University of Oxford, Lancaster University, École des Mines de Saint- Étienne (EMSE) and the New University of Lisbon.
innoLAE 2017 is generously sponsored by the Centre for Process Innovation (Platinum) Cynora (Gold) NovaCentrix Inc (Gold) and Merck (Silver). Our media partners are IDTechEx, OPE Journal and Printed Electronics Now.
This conference provides a perfect platform for you to:
- Hear the latest results from academic researchers and the latest developments from industry
- Learn about progress in emerging fields such as bioelectronics and wearables
- Meet with representatives from international companies active in the technology
- Network with colleagues at the gala dinner and the drinks reception
Learn more at the next leading event on the topic: Printed Electronics USA 2019 on 20 - 21 Nov 2019 at Santa Clara Convention Center, CA, USA hosted by IDTechEx.