SKIINCore is a new smart, discreet and wire-free heated base layer that keeps men and women warm in all the right places while ensuring flexibility and style. For more information see the IDTechEx report on E-Textiles 2018-2028.
"Living in Canada, we know what it's like to deal with the cold, and through our research into textile computing we discovered a way to transfer heat through the very fibers of everyday fabrics," said SKIINCore's Product Manager Hin Fan "The result is SKIINCore, which is a 100-percent, wire-free heated base layer that learns your optimal temperature the more you wear it and automatically adapts to deliver heat at your optimal temperature."
SKIINCore features a conductive yarn to deliver 18 watts of heating power from a sleek battery that snaps into the docking station strategically placed at the midsection, so wearers will barely feel it - and generating heat for eight hours when set on its lowest settings.
"It also features machine-learning capabilities, using an accelerometer, body temperature, and outside temperature so SKIINCore learns and automatically adapts to your ideal temperature over time across any range of activities," he said. "It's also designed to deliver heat only to the areas where you need it most and allows you to stay warm while maintaining your unique style. In short, SKIINCore provide users with the flexibility to layer, hide or wear their base layer loud and proud."
- A 100-percent wire-free soft technology: With knitted tech designed with the heating elements right in between the sweat-wicking synthetic inner layer and the heat-trapping wool outer layer.
- Intelligent heat that adapts to each wearer: When the temperature drops the base layer will automatically switch on and turns off when it senses the wearer's body is about to get too warm. It senses when the user is moving and learns to adapt to the user's lifestyle the more it is worn.
- Targeted heating, insulation and ventilation zones: Providing heat only to the areas on the body that are most sensitive to cold - the person's core, hands, thighs, and feet - and avoiding those areas that tend to get sweaty like the chest and back.
- Articulating joints: Ribbed on the outside and smooth on the inside, the design ensures the user stays comfortable with material that stays in place and never bunches.
- Charging port: The battery plays double duty with a USB-C outlet, so the wearer can charge a phone when they are on the go, even while it's powering the base layer
- 100-percent machine washable
The SKIINCore Team spent three years developing and designing SKIINCore. Myant's SKIIN prototype received the "Best New Wearable Technology Device" award from IDTechEx and the "Product Innovation Award" from the Canadian Printable Electronics Symposium.
"SKIINCore is your full body personal thermostat that keeps you cozy from neck to toe in the coldest of temperatures, and engineered for optimal performance and year-round comfort," Hin said. "While heated jackets are on the market, there are times when reaching for that wire-filled sporty look just won't work. Whether you're at the office or layering up to complete your Instagram ready look, we made two smart base layers - a top and a legging - that learn your behavior over time to automatically adapt and heat to your optimal temperature."
SKIINCore has recently launched on Kickstarter.
Source and top image: SKIINCore