BeBop Sensors www.bebopsensors.com , the leader in smart fabric sensor technology with over four million state-of-the-art wearable smart fabric sensors shipped, announced that it has integrated the exclusively designed BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove affordable all-day wireless VR/AR product with the Oculus Quest for the world's first all-in-one VR enterprise training and design system. The BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove combined with Oculus Quest provides a complete VR headset/data glove solution that fits in a small bag for easy shipping with almost no set-up for on-the-go VR enterprise training and maintenance anywhere/anytime. For more information see the IDTechEx report on Wearable Technology Forecasts 2019-2029.
The Forte Data Gloves with Oculus Quest are ushering in the next generation of VR by allowing people to do real practical things in the virtual world with natural hand interactions-- just as they do in the real world. The gloves provide the missing dimension of touch feedback to training and make users feel like the virtual world is tangible, aiding in more realistic and safer training for business.
To combine the BeBop and Oculus VR technologies, BeBop Sensors integrated its hand tracking technology with the Oculus controllers' 3D tracking; and customized BeBop Sensors' full SDK and haptic feedback system to the Oculus Quest environment. Featuring easy set-up, the lightweight, one-size-fits-all Forte Data Glove has an adapter that quickly straps the small Oculus controller onto the gloves so users can "feel" their hands and surrounding environment for true hands-on VR training.
Gloves in Use by Fortune 500 Customers for Training, Medical Trials & Rehabilitation, Robot & Drone Controls, VR CAD Design & Review, and More
Targeted to the enterprise market, the ultra-comfortable one-size-fits-all Forte Data Glove provides true real-time haptic feedback that lets users "feel" textures and surfaces and move digital objects around as if they existed in real life. Currently in use by Fortune 500 customers, Forte Data Glove applications include Virtual Reality enterprise training, VR medical trials/rehabilitation, robotics and drone control, VR CAD design and review, and more.
The BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove is super-fast, with an under 6 millisecond response time and all-day battery life. The gloves feature a comfortable design that fits almost everyone, and incorporate powerful haptics for truly intuitive hand interactions to feel different textures, with a realistic experience when touching a table or robot versus a piece of velvet, or a person's face - resulting in an accurate and immersive experience.
Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition Features:
- Comfortable, universal design that fits most people.
- Hygienic and breathable open palm design.
- Powerful haptics for an intuitive feel of different textures and surfaces.
- Long battery life for all day use.
- Fast sensor speeds at 160Hz.
- Waterproof sensors.
- Accurate instantaneous response.
- Price competitive.
Forte Data Glove Enterprise Edition Specs:
- 160 frames per second data rate eliminates lag for instantaneous response times, perfect for the most demanding enterprise applications.
- 10 smart fabric bend sensors located above each knuckle provide bend accuracy and repeatability at +/- 1.5 degrees.
- 9 degree IMU (Inertial Measurement Units) provide extremely low drift and reliable pre-blended accelerometer and gyro sensor data.
- 6 haptic actuators are located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and the palm.
- Up to 16 unique haptic sound files can be resident on the glove with new files rapidly uploaded over Bluetooth or USB.
- Micro USB-C connector charges the internal lithium battery in 2 hours for an all-day battery life.
- Accuracy and precision is provided by proprietary finger bend sensors with an under 6 millisecond response time.
- Universal support for a variety of development environments (Unity, Unreal, Windows API, Java Support, and more).
- Quick and easy integration within hours with an API and documentation.
- Calibration in under 5 seconds.
The new Forte Data Glove designed for Oculus Quest support is in production and available for order now at: bebopsensors.com/order-now. For more information on BeBop Sensors, see www.bebopsensors.com .
About BeBop Sensors & Award-Winning BeBop Sensors Products
BeBop Sensors products have won the Red Herring Award, the TIME Magazine Best Inventions Award, the IDTechEx Wearable Award, the Frost & Sullivan North American Technology Innovation Award, and the Gartner Cool Vendor Award.
BeBop Sensors uses smart fabrics to create elegant sensor solutions for OEMs. BeBop's sensors comprehend force, location, size, weight, bend, twist, and presence across any size, resolution, and geometry. The sensors are available for a wide variety of applications, including industrial, medical, human factors, Virtual Reality, gaming, design, automotive, sports, and more. Where things or people interact, BeBop Sensors comprehends force, location, size, weight, bend, twist and presence across any size, resolution and geometry. BeBop's technology is robust and proven with over four million sensors in daily use. Based in Berkeley, California, BeBop Sensors makes things knowable for product designers and visionaries. For more information and demonstrations, see the BeBop Sensors website at: www.bebopsensors.com .
Karen Thomas/Eva Yutani
(631) 549-7575 Website: www.thomaspr.com www.thomasprsocial.com
Source: BeBop Sensors