IDTechEx have released a brand new report - "Fire Protection Materials for Electric Vehicle Batteries 2023-2033".
"Fire protection market demand for EVs to increase 13-fold by 2033" - IDTechEx
The occurrence of fires in electric vehicles (EVs) is less common than their combustion engine counterparts, in total number, but also in terms of the rate per miles traveled. However infrequent, it is extremely important to protect the vehicle's occupants and prolong the time for a fire to exit the battery pack for as long as possible. The key method of achieving this is the proper choice and deployment of fire protection materials throughout the battery pack. The rapidly growing EV market across segments beyond just cars such as buses, trucks, vans, scooters, and motorcycles all present great and varied opportunities for material suppliers to enable safer battery packs.
"Fire Protection Materials for Electric Vehicle Batteries 2023-2033" analyses trends in battery design, safety regulations, and how these will impact fire protection materials. The report benchmarks materials directly and in application within EV battery packs. The materials covered include ceramic blankets/sheets (and other non-wovens), mica, aerogels, coatings (intumescent and other), encapsulants, encapsulating foams, compression pads, phase change materials, and several other materials. Ten-year market forecasts are included by material and vehicle category.
This report provides the following information:
Overview and evolution of:
- Electric vehicle fires and thermal runaway
- Electric vehicle recalls related to fires
- Regulations in different global regions
Material analysis and trends including thermal conductivity, dielectric strength, density, and more for:
- Ceramics (and other non-wovens)
- Coatings (intumescent and other)
- Encapsulating foams
- Compression pads (with fire protection properties)
- Phase change materials
- Other material categories
Ten-year market forecasts and analysis:
- EV battery demand for cars, buses, trucks, vans, scooters, and motorcycles (GWh)
- Cell-to-cell protection by material (kg)
- Pack-level protection by material (kg)
- Total fire protection by material (kg)
- Total fire protection by material (US$)
- Total fire protection by vehicle category (kg)
- Total fire protection by vehicle category (US$)
Analyst access from IDTechEx
All report purchases include up to 30 minutes telephone time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you are addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.