The members of the OE-A (Organic and Printed Electronics Association) elected a new Board of Directors at their annual General Assembly meeting. Subsequently, Dr. Stephan Kirchmeyer, Heraeus Clevios GmbH, was elected to be the new OE-A Chairman, and Andrew Hannah, Plextronics, Inc., was re-elected as Vice Chairman.
The General Assembly meeting of the OE-A was held on June 27, 2011 at the VDMA in Frankfurt, Germany. The members elected a new board of directors.
- Dr. Stephan Kirchmeyer, Heraeus Clevios GmbH, Germany
- Andrew Hannah, Plextronics Inc., USA
Additional Board Members:
- Dr. Pierre P. Barthélemy, Solvay S.A., Belgium
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Baumann, pmTUC, Fraunhofer ENAS, Germany
- Dr. Peter Fischer, Plastic Logic GmbH, Germany
- Dr. David Fyfe, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Japan
- Thomas Kolbusch, Coatema Coating Machinery GmbH, Germany
- Jaap Lombaers, Holst Centre, The Netherlands
- Wolfgang Mildner, PolyIC GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Dr. Davor Sutija, Thin Film Electronics ASA, Norway
- Dr. Mark Verrall, Merck Chemicals Ltd., Great Britain
Dr. Stephan Kirchmeyer thanked outgoing OE-A Chairman Wolfgang Mildner, PolyIC GmbH & Co. KG, whose six-year term comes to an end according to the by-laws of the association. As founding Chairman, Mr. Mildner was instrumental in leading the OE-A from its infancy in 2004 to the rapidly growing global industry association for organic and printed electronics that it is today. Says Kirchmeyer "Wolfgang Mildner led the OE-A to become the premier global network of this emerging industry; we thank him for his groundbreaking impulses, and we are pleased that he will continue his work on the OE-A board."
During the last two years, the OE-A grew by more than 50% and presently has more than 180 members from all over the world. "The international network of the OE-A supports this young industry in its transition to mass production through numerous activities. Industry roadmaps, technical projects, education and standardization are just a few examples," says Kirchmeyer.