IDTechEx Research announced today that Europe's largest event on emerging technologies, IDTechEx Show! held in Berlin on 27-28 April, grew 27% vs. last year's event. This year's exhibition and conference featured attendees from 57 countries with 171 exhibitors and 2,300 attendees. The event covered a number of interrelated emerging technologies, including printed electronics, wearable technology, IoT, advanced materials, energy storage and electric vehicles. The IDTechEx Show! hosts multiple tracks within the Conference and has a shared exhibition to bring all of these supply chains together in one place, allowing companies across the value chain to meet each other and explore their opportunities.
Raghu Das, CEO of IDTechEx, says, "It has been fantastic to see so much enthusiasm in these sectors, with more solutions being demonstrated and great interest and wide attendance from end-users around the World. The feedback has been tremendous, with the event clearly facilitating great business discussions and partnerships."
BotFactory, who released news of their new multi-layer printed circuit at the event said, "The IDTechEx Shows are the most important shows in our events calendar. We always find a great crowd of people interested in printed electronics and open to discussion on new ways to build PCBs. Did we mention that we have always found key partners in every show?".
"Interesting formula that brings together many high level people from different leading edge technologies. The exhibition for us was beyond our expectations with a lot of high level interest worldwide", said Altreonic NV, exhibitor.
Over 220 speakers, including LG Display, NASA, Toyota, Google, Sony, Hewlett Packard, JC Decaux and Ravensburger presented at the Conference on their business objectives and technology breakthroughs. At the exhibition, adopters, OEMs and technology providers announced products and showed off their impressive solutions. If you missed the event you can access most presentations by purchasing the event presentation slides and audio.
Several exhibitors announced new developments during the show, including:
- FG Cambridge Nanosystems, who launched a new eCommerce store for the sales of their company's CamGraph® Graphene Powder: www.cambridgenanosystems.com/shop
- Inkron announced the availability of turnkey optoelectronic service solutions to address megatrends in industrial internet applications using its advanced inks and pastes: www.inkron.com
- Moveo showcased their new foldable, electric scooter, which was first announced in February: www.moveoscooter.com
IDTechEx also announced winners of their IDTechEx Show! Awards, which included the following companies:
- Materials - BASF
- Manufacturing - BotFactory
- Product - Cartamundi
- Best New Material or Component Development - Eeonyx Corporation
- Best New Wearable Device - Epson Europe
- Best Development in 3D Printing - Photocentric LTD
- Most Impressive New Company - Energica Company
- Most Significant Innovation - Altigreen Propulsion Labs
- Best Technical Development - Smart Green Batteries
- Best IoT Development - Impinj
IDTechEx will be releasing videos of exhibitors taken at their booth on our website on an almost daily basis so that you can learn more about their technology.
The next IDTechEx Show! in Berlin takes place May 10-11, 2017 at the Estrel Convention Center in Berlin. Register now for early bird discounts.
The IDTechEx Show! in Santa Clara, CA US takes place this fall, November 16 and 17, 2016.
Here are a few highlights in visuals from the event.
Printed Strain Gauge on a 3D surface
Curved OLED array
Giving robots the sense of touch
Nuon Solar Racing Car
Organic optical sensors
Meeting room signage with e-paper